Losing one or more teeth can be a devastating event, both for your overall oral health and your once-confident smile. Here in Merrimack, our dedicated team at Merrimack Smiles, offers a variety of rejuvenating solutions for this serious issue. One of the most reliable options are dental implants. Unlike traditional bridges and dentures, implants are revolutionary in their ability to mimic natural teeth, and you will be amazed by how seamless the results are at the end of your treatment. Contact our our office today to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Mark S. Morris!
Dental Implant Restorations (Crown or Bridge)
Once it’s been determined that you’re a good candidate for implants, the first step of the process will be the surgical placement of the implant or implants below the gum, often done by Dr. Morris. Once your mouth has had enough time to properly heal from the procedure, you will return to Merrimack Smiles so that we can design and insert a state-of-the-art, customized implant crown or bridge.
Dental Implant-Retained Complete Dentures, Partial Dentures and Bridges
In cases of severe tooth loss, a personalized implant-retained prostheses (i.e. complete denture, partial denture, bridge, fixed, removable) may be a more durable and cost-effective reconstructive solution. The prostheses will look like a traditional denture, partial or bridge, but it’s designed to attach securely to multiple dental implants, creating a more confident and satisfying fit overall for the patient.
Implant-Supported Dentures in Merrimack NH
Many patients who have suffered from significant tooth loss still rely on traditional dentures for the support and structure they need to eat and smile. However, the instability and discomfort of conventional dentures can become very frustrating over time. Your conventional denture can get so unstable that it can slip right out of your mouth. At Merrimack Smiles in Merrimack New Hampshire, Dr. Mark S. Morris is happy to offer an alternative to these frustrated people. With implant-supported dentures, patients can enjoy the esthetics provided by their dentures only with an improved experience due to an increase in stability, comfort and confidence. In certain situations implants will allow a denture that does not cover your palate allowing you to have the same sense of taste you had before the denture.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
- By attaching a customized denture to multiple implants, instability and slippage can be greatly reduced or completely corrected. You can eat, laugh, and speak without worry
- Because of their secure fit, implant-supported dentures feel much more comfortable and similar to your natural teeth. Patients also have a much lower risk of experiencing tissue irritation and canker sores, which can be very common with traditional dentures.
- Without the roots of your lost tooth in place, the jawbone can begin to deteriorate, leading to further tooth loss and a collapsed facial appearance over time. Your new implants solve this problem by revitalizing bone through their placement, allowing you to better maintain your look. The dentures even look more natural because they require less plastic for retention purposes.
- When wearing a traditional denture, speech can be a complicated matter, and the slurring of words and distracting clicking sounds are often commonplace. The stable fit of your new implant-supported denture will help you speak clearly.
- With implant-supported dentures, having to wear adhesive is a thing of the past!
Our Merrimack Smiles dental team cannot wait to help you achieve the confident smile you deserve. Contact Merrimack Smiles today to schedule a consultation.